Prev: B5 mini's in the UK Next: Re: FT Battle Scenerio

Re: Mines 8 (!)

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 15:44:30 +0000
Subject: Re: Mines 8 (!)

At 09:46 15/05/98 -0700, you wrote:
>John Atkinson wrote:
>
>> Questions, comments, concerns, flames, death threats?
>
>Just a suggestion, if you are basing off US doctrine then there should
>probably be a provision for recovering your minefields since that is
>what we do. After all mines don't grow on trees.It would become
>important in campaign games where the same unit has to fight multiple
>battles. If it doesn't recover its minefields then maybe they pay a few
>extra VPs or what not. (I know that's scenario specific)
>
>Los

I recall seeing a documentary about Kursk, in which an elderly Red Army
sapper said that Soviet war-produced mines were so edgy and unsafe that
they
preferred to use German ones nocturnally "appropriated" from minefields!

Such a practice might happen on the kind of outback world you mention in
your slugthrower post- I'm sure an isolated planet with very small
forces
and strict limits on certain munitions would make a worthwhile
minicampaign.

Rob

"Rob Paul

Dept of Zoology
Oxford University
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124
"Auld an bald!"
"

Prev: B5 mini's in the UK Next: Re: FT Battle Scenerio