Prev: Re: Mines 8 (!) Next: RE: Mines 8 (!)

Re: Low tech SG (was Re: A Humble Request)

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 09:42:32 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Low tech SG (was Re: A Humble Request)

You wrote:

>I am thinking of breach loader rifles and no electronic
communications. My >paper projections suggest that 3-12 man squads with
breach loaders (fire >power 1, like hunting rifles, but I think I will

I assume by that you mean something like the Martini-Henry or the US
Springfield, in which case the impact could be substantial.

 would be fragile. The fire power would >drop rapidly with casualties
to a d6 with 6 remaining figures.

And no support weapons.

>Has anyone else tried such a scenario? How did it go? Any other ideas
or >suggestions?

Primitive machine guns--Maxims?  Gatlings?

Zulus with spears?

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Mines 8 (!) Next: RE: Mines 8 (!)