Prev: Re: GZG Mail order Next: Re: [ADMIN] List Practice

Re: Fleet Book beam weapon questions

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 09:28:07 +0100
Subject: Re: Fleet Book beam weapon questions

>At approximately 5/14/98 8:35 PM,  NVDoyle wrote:
>
>>Well, that's the way we always played it in our group.  We reversed
the
>>original letter progression (A was large, now A is smallest), and
scrapped
>>the
>>AA for the D-class beam battery (4d, 48" range).  Not having the Fleet
book
>>yet, this seems to be correct.  I like it, personally.  It allowed us
to do
>>really out-there things, like F-class beams & higher (big spinal
mounts).

>>A question to those who have both the Fleet Book & the EFSB - Is it
worth
>>getting both?  Are they mostly dupes, or different?

The FB contains plenty of stuff that is different from the EFSB

>Definitely!   Of course they both have different ships.  With the FB
you
>get the recent ship construction system.  I haven't been able to locate
>point system in the EFSB yet.

This is no point or construction system for the EFSB, because we wanted
be able to rate the ships to reflect how they are seen on TV rather than
being restricted by a design system. All the EFSB designs are thus
"arbitrary" and don't conform to any formulae, but we hope they reflect
what they can do in the show (with allowances for game balance of
course).
You can probably "cost" the EFSB ships (in points) using a midified
version
of the FB points system.

Jon (GZG)