Prev: Re: Fleet Book beam weapon questions Next: Re: Fleet Book beam weapon questions

Re: GZG Mail order

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 09:28:07 +0100
Subject: Re: GZG Mail order

>Since this might be of interest to others in the group besides Kevin...
>
>My experience with GZG UK, keeping in mind that I live here in the US,
has
>been outstanding. I ordered miniatures and rulebooks, and stipulated I
>would like them to ship seperately. The rulebooks were here in a little
>over a week, and Jon was kind enough not to debit my card until the
>remainder of the order was shipped - which actually hasn't happened
yet, so
>I feel a bit guilty about having so much fun with my "free" Fleet Book
;-)

>Jon's courteous, easy to deal with, and pretty quick as well (blushing
yet
>Jon?).

Heh!

Thanks, Schoon.
I would like, however, to point out that we are the first to admit our
mail
order service is nowhere near as fast as we'd like it to be. There are
only
two of us at GZG - myself (who does all the writing, paperwork, admin,
email, much of the design work and runs the whole thing) and Dave (who
does
the casting, plus sculpts a bit). When we can, we both muck in with
packing/despatch. At the moment, people are buying things faster than we
can make them!
We keep hoping that the mailorder turnround will get faster, but never
seem
to be able to get enough ahead of the backlog to organise it!!
Right now, we are so busy with mailorder and shows that we are getting
overloaded - we're already in the process of taking on another workshop
unit (the next-door one to our present unit) to move the resin casting
out
into, and are starting to think about another member of staff if the
finances will permit it.

Another point, please, to all US/Canadian customers - PLEASE try GeoHex
first! While KR is very understanding about the occasional order direct
us for things he doesn't stock or make, or that are not out yet for the
US
market, he DOES have exclusive rights for the US/Can/S.America. Please
don't abuse his good nature!!

Thanks,

Jon (GZG)