Prev: Fleet Book beam weapon questions Next: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?

Re: GZG Mail order

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 22:51:48 +0100
Subject: Re: GZG Mail order

>I don't mean to keep up with something that obviously no one is
interested
>in... but just FYI. If somebody in the US does have experience with GZG
UK
>mail order please email me. Thanks

Kevin - the main thing is that GeoHex has exclusive rights as sole US
licensee - KR is very understanding about the OCCASIONAL direct order to
us, especially if it is all or part for stuff that is not in US
production
yet, but the general rule is that all US orders SHOULD go to GeoHex.

>Apparently EVERYTHING through GZG mail order is cheaper. Maybe I'm
missing
>something? Shipping is going to be a little stiff (not as stiff as you
might
>think, see below), but a group purchase really alleviates that.

Different markets, different techniques and prices. We sell most of our
stuff direct to customers, and don't blister-pack at all. US sales
demand
the fancy packaging to make the stuff sell in stores.

>Full Thrust
>FT108 Vandenburg
>US/GeoHex $6.50 (maybe 2 or 3 come in a package..?)

Only1, but the US version includes a metal stand, which weighs almost as
much as the ship - the UK one has a plastic stand.

>Uk/GZG 2.75uk (exchange @ $1.63) $4.48 - 14.9%VAT (maybe I've got this
VAT
>thing wrong?) $3.81
>
>SG2 Resin vehicles
>SF25-58 M82 Slammer
>US/GeoHex $24.00 (uhhmm... maybe better resin?)

Different resin. Polyester for the UK, polyurethane for the US. The US
resin is lighter and stronger, but more expensive.

>Uk/GZG 9.95uk (exchange @ $1.63) $16.21 - 14.9%VAT  $13.79
>
>Rulebooks
>Dirtside II
>US/GeoHex $20.00
>
>Uk/GZG 8.95uk (exchange @ $1.63) $14.58 - 14.9%VAT  $12.40 (<this does
sound
>awfully cheap... I MUST be doing something wrong!)

VAT doesn't apply to books, so don't subtract anything in this case.

>USPS shipping from the US to UK
>2lb package Express mail (2-3 days) $22.50
>10lb package Express mail (2-3 days) $52.75
>These prices reflect the most expensive service they had.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Fleet Book beam weapon questions Next: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?