Prev: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone? Next: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?

Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 13:51:15 +0200
Subject: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?

Noah wrote:

> In the Fleet Book &/or EFSB (I have neither yet), what sort of
distinctions
> are made between atmospheric-capable and non-capable fighters - aside
from the
> obvious, of course?

No non-obvious distinction for fighters in either. EFSB ships mark
atmospheric capability with special systems; FB doesn't mark the ability
in
any way but imposes a Mass cost for the capability when designing the
ship.

> In any sources, or our fevered imaginations, are missiles considered
be one
> big weapon, or a volley of smaller ones?

The sources differ (...ie, the various SF novels differ...). EFSB
doesn't
have missiles (the only ones I can remember used in B5 appear in Season
4,
and EFSB covers the EF up 'til B5 gets operational or so).
FB still allows the old MT missiles, but also introduces SML (Salvo
Missile
Launchers) that throw packs of smaller missiles at a target. Each pack
is
represented by a single counter.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone? Next: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?