Prev: Re: Background of Nations Next: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?

Re: A note about one of the list members

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 13:38:24 +0200
Subject: Re: A note about one of the list members

Jim Foster wrote:

> >Personally I don't care if there is an attachment or not, if it is
too
> >large I don't DOWNLOAD it.
>
> Some of us, with more primitive (circa 1984!) computers, slow modems,
and
> ancient email software don't have this option.

Some of us, with modern computers and fast modems but a poorly organised
ISP, don't have this option either. I have to download all incoming mail
in
order of arrival, and I don't even have the option of logging into the
command line on the server and do something about it myself. The ISP
staff
are the only ones able to do that, and if it happens to be a weekend
(or,
even worse, a long holiday - eg Easter) I have to wait 'til the next
working day to download my email. With a mail traffic like mine that
causes... problems, like.

> And for those of you who think I should just quit whining and get
something
> newer.... you are more than welcome to pay off my student loans. :P

Mine too, please! :-)

OK. I'll try stop ranting now.

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Background of Nations Next: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?