Prev: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone? Next: Re: ICQ Community

Re: A note about one of the list members

From: jfoster@k... (Jim 'Jiji' Foster)
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 01:10:18 -0500
Subject: Re: A note about one of the list members

At 19:35 5/13/98, Larry Jeselon wrote:
>On Wed, 13 May 1998 17:47:38 -0600, Eric Fialkowski
><ericski@micron.net> wrote:
>
>>Normally I wouldn't resort to this, but I'm a little pissed off.

I second, third and fourth this sentiment. >:(

>Private email is meant to be private.	Period.  This list generates
>enough noise as it is without this kind of crap going on.

This needs to be public. It affects all of us. DO NOT USE FILE
ATTACHMENTS
TO THE LIST!!

>Personally I don't care if there is an attachment or not, if it is too
>large I don't DOWNLOAD it.

Some of us, with more primitive (circa 1984!) computers, slow modems,
and
ancient email software don't have this option. We get the privelege of
waiting hours for useless files to download just so we can immediately
delete them. Or we have to quit our email session, log into the command
line on the server and manually delete the offending email. Either way,
it's a pain in the ass.

And for those of you who think I should just quit whining and get
something
newer.... you are more than welcome to pay off my student loans. :P

------
Jim 'Jiji' Foster / jfoster@kansas.net / Jiji @ AnimeMUCK / TIP #28 /
PPIG #42

"That's the way we all begin," said Tom Platt. "The boys they make
believe
all the time till they've cheated 'emselves into bein' men, an' so till
they die--pretendin' and pretendin'."
    Rudyard Kipling, _Captains Courageous_

Prev: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone? Next: Re: ICQ Community