Prev: Re: ICQ Community Next: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

Re: Full Steam (Large binaries)

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 04:31:56 +0200
Subject: Re: Full Steam (Large binaries)

I know Neil has already realized his mistake and apologized, but...

....today his post got stuck in my ISP's mail server (which is, for some
reason, unable to handle very large mails). It had a minor crash and
claimed that I was logged in on it
for three hours while in fact I wasn't - which both costs me money (not
very much - only a couple of US$, but it still feels very unnecessary)
and
stops me from downloading any other mail (I'm already "logged in", so I
can't log in again for real!).

The ISP can remove blocks like this one if I call them and ask them to
do
it. Unfortunately, sometimes they are unable to remove the single huge
post
that blocks everything, and have to throw *ALL* my incoming email away -
so
far it's only happened once, but  I get about 150-250 emails per day...
so
it was quite a lot, and quite irritating.

Sorry for the ranting,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: ICQ Community Next: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device