Prev: Re: I need Bayonets on my GZG figures!! Next: Re: MicroMachines Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs

Re: MicroMachines Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs

From: zipgun@i...
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 22:53:34 -0000
Subject: Re: MicroMachines Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs

-----Original Message-----
From: Trevor Dow <adspirit@pipeline.com.au>
To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk <FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk>
Date: Tuesday, May 12, 1998 12:45 AM

>> ScottOn a similar note, have any US readers seen the Galoob Starship
Trooper
>collections yet....

These figures were on the shelves a week before the movie was released.
found them in ToysRUs and bought one of each.  Subsequently, I bought 35
or
so Starship Troopers (& bugs) - they fit perfectly with the GZG figs
that I
have (UNSC Marines in hardsuits).  They also fit well with my RalPartha
Steiners & Kuritas and the old Grenadier Traveller figs (Imperial
Marines,
etc.).	They all have a joint somewhere that allows there arms or bodies
rotate, so you can pose identical figures differently.	They also have a
magnet belt into their base so they can stick to the bugs.  I bought
them 3
men to a pack with some sort of bug.  They paint jobs are good - better
than
those on the Galoob StarWars Action fleet figs.  If you divorce these
guys
from the movie, I think they make credible futuristic warriors, come
pre-painted, and are MUCH cheaper than anybody's lead figures.	I sure
hope
someone slashes the prices in the states, I'll buy a couple of companies
:-).

I also bought some of the Galoob Alien vehicles (drop ship & APC).  The
starship troopers are just a tad larger but fit these vehicles also.
(The
STs have better bases and paint-jobs).

It is a shame that Galoob does not get into the miniatures wargaming
biz.
For the quality and price you can't beat them.	If we could only fix
their
fascination with constant size instead of constant scale.

Jimmy

zipgun@ibm.net

Prev: Re: I need Bayonets on my GZG figures!! Next: Re: MicroMachines Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs