Prev: Re: SGII and Mercs Next: FT3 Design Spreadsheet v0.1

Re: Full Steam

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 21:15:29 -0700
Subject: Re: Full Steam

I'm not saying that the idea doesn't have merit, nor am I saying that it
wouldn't be fun, however...

Victorian sci-fi (such as GDW's Space 1889) has a much smaller market
than
the general sci-fi market to which FT currently caters. FT has the
advantage that it can also be easily adapted to almost any background
with
spaceships, and thus can "cash in" on the mass popularity of Satr Wars,
Star Trek, or B5 by simply having a conversion sheet available at - say
-
your friendly local website.

Space 1889 floundered do to poor sales (though it might be argued that
some
support issues were involved as well) because the market was too small.

By all means, make Full Steam available as all the other current
conversions have been - via the web. I would strongly advise against
printing it.

I'm not trying to criticise anyone here; I just wanted to point out the
economic realities of such a venture.

Schoon
(ex-Sales Manager, Berkeley Game Distributors)

Prev: Re: SGII and Mercs Next: FT3 Design Spreadsheet v0.1