Prev: Re: A Humble Request Next: Re: Remove my email from this list.please

RE: You won't beleive this

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 09:30:19 -0500
Subject: RE: You won't beleive this

Someone mentioned dolphins for hunting mines; actually, I'm certain the
navy has tested trained cetaceans for planting limpets. Mines, that is.

For a PBS produced video on the US Navy, the former program, and whether
they can put the beasts back in the sea(Navy sez not cost effect):
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/whales/etc/navy.html

Can't find anything about the limpet setting, but I'm sure I saw this
somewhere besides tired TV shows.

No luck on simian military research, either. ;->=

The_Beast

"Shadowcat" <kwalsh@mail.ice.net> on 05/06/98 12:51:03 AM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
cc:    (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

lets not forget a bad George C. Scott film from the seventies
called "Day of the Dolphin"
or the Don Knotts classic "The Incredible Mister Limpet"

Prev: Re: A Humble Request Next: Re: Remove my email from this list.please