Prev: RE: You won't beleive this Next: Re: Kra'Vak, inclinations of

Dolphins In Space (BRIN)

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 11:13:34 +0100
Subject: Dolphins In Space (BRIN)

On Wednesday, May 06, 1998 9:07 AM, alun.thomas@cbis.com
[SMTP:alun.thomas@cbis.com] wrote:

> Anyone want to run the battle from "Startide Rising" ?

Ever notice there's a very nasty alien race in this very much
like the Shadows in visual appearance and disposition

> Dozens of alien fleets all trying to be the ones to catch a
> dolphin crewed ship that's found something they really want

The location of the first ones fleet.

> (someone would have to write a set of unfathomable rules for
> makeing and breaking alliances though)

And the water vapour in space weapon, one of the more memorable parts
of the final battle. It would be an interesting Scenario using Real
Thrust
Rules. The Uplift War is very much a geurilla ground based affair,
though
the Avian adversaries are interesting.

I never did get around to reading Brightness Reef though (did it close
the story on the first ones?)

tim jones
----
----

Prev: RE: You won't beleive this Next: Re: Kra'Vak, inclinations of