Prev: Confusion on Fighter costs Next: RE: Obstacles, Part 2

RE: Obstacles, Part 2

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 13:04:37 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: RE: Obstacles, Part 2

You wrote:

>Demolitions, according to my training is defined as anything that
>destroys something else.  Maybe you ment to say explosives?

Demolitions destroy stuff.  Claymores kill people--although if you tie
to it a tree, you can drop it.	Wasteful way to drop a tree, IMHO.

>Just a question: how much explosives do you personally get to detonate
>per year?  The reason I'm asking is that we always hear stories about
>how well equipped the American Armed Forces are (being in Canada).

Well, I'm National Guard, remember.  Our company generally does about 2
live Demo drills a year, and varies from 25lbs of C-4 to a full
Hummer-load of C-4.  Plus Annual Training in the summer, which ranges
from a (literal) ton of explosives to none.  So it's hard to
generalize.  Good average might be a few hundred pounds for a company?

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Confusion on Fighter costs Next: RE: Obstacles, Part 2