Prev: RE: Obstacles, Part 2 Next: RE: Dirtside Engineering Rules

RE: FT Lite

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 10:48:24 -0500
Subject: RE: FT Lite

Probably wouldn't work too well in a photo, but I once tried coloured,
florescent mono-filament fishing line. I had some 'day glo' paint on the
ships' engines and weopens. On a fresh, black sheet, in near dark, and
with
some black(UV) lights, the effect was pretty intense.

Actually, it was difficult to look at long enough to make tactical
decisions and aimed shots. ;->= Visually, the black background kept
falling
away.

The_Beast

PS. The effect was kind of spoiled by lint on the sheet; usually, it
fluoresced brighter than the line. Stupid doped American clothes
detergent
with it's 'whiter than white'.

adrian@rinc.or.jp (Adrian Bruce) on 04/29/98 07:54:04 AM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
cc:   adrian@rinc.or.jp (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

In article <l03010d02b16c988a3303@[195.188.53.50]>
jon@gzero.dungeon.com writes:
>> >As a suggestion, does anyone think coloured thread/wool could work
with
>> >"action" photo's to show beam fire?  I don't know if it would show
up
Not without looking cheap...
>> >properly in B&W though.
>>
>> Much better to add the special effects on computer after the photos
are
>> scanned, IMHO.
>>
>> Jon (GZG)
Yes, that way they look as good as anything else you will see on video
or film... to the limits of the talent of the person compositing in the
effects that is.

	Adrian Bruce  adrian@rinc.or.jp
     Science Fiction Fantasy Design and Implementation
     SF2D&I http://www.rinc.or.jp/~adrian/

Prev: RE: Obstacles, Part 2 Next: RE: Dirtside Engineering Rules