Prev: RE: FT Lite Next: Re: FT Lite

Re: LOS blocked by AFV in DS2?

From: Tony Christney <acc@u...>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 15:32:21 -0700
Subject: Re: LOS blocked by AFV in DS2?

>I have scoured the manual in DS2 and probably missed the part that I
was
>looking for. Buildings, trees, etc obviously block LOS, but what about
>vehicles?
>
>More importantly, what about destroyed vehicles?

Neither block LOS. This is implied in the rulebook on page 4 by two
things:

1. The large disparity between figure and ground scales. A vehicle
that is 2cm occupies an area on the order of 100m^2; ie. it could be
anywhere in that area.

2. "Lines of sight/fire are blocked by raised ground, buildings and
woods...smoke and other obscuration agents...". Vehicles are
conspicously left out of this list of objects blocking LOS.

>I am sorry if I should already know the answers to these questions. . .
>
>Paul

  Tony Christney
  acc@uvic.ca

Prev: RE: FT Lite Next: Re: FT Lite