Prev: Re: X to GZG conversions... Next: RE: X to GZG conversions...

RE: X to GZG conversions...

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 14:57:48 +0100
Subject: RE: X to GZG conversions...

On Tuesday, April 28, 1998 2:01 PM,
Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@UNebMail.UNeb.EDU
[SMTP:Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@UNebMail.UNeb.EDU] wrote:
> Sorry, but I'd definitely consider fighters as non-introductory.
Definitely
> a reason to 'trade up' to the full version, especially after the first
time
> you are thrashed by  'em.

The approach in the 'Introduction to SFB' which worked
very well was to have a section of complete rules
and then a little practice scenario to check you had a clue.
At any point you could stop and the game would still be playable
IIRC it went some thing like

Basic Movement + Orders
Firing Basic Weapons
Simple Damage Allocation
Advanced Movement
Advanced Weapons

So you could phase in simple fighter rules if you
wanted to. The little 'Clue Scenario' really was a
good idea. For example after the basic movement rules have
a little starship race (kids would love it). After Basic weapons
you had to hunt and destroy some robot drones.

tim jones
--------

Prev: Re: X to GZG conversions... Next: RE: X to GZG conversions...