Prev: Re: X to GZG conversions... Next: Re: X to GZG conversions...

RE: X to GZG conversions...

From: "McClure, Kent" <kent.mcclure@l...>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 06:23:45 -0700
Subject: RE: X to GZG conversions...

	John Atkinson wrote:

	>At a recent con, I talked two kids into playing a demo game.
They
used
	their StarWars toys (the plastic ones on clear stands) to play
the
	introductory scenario in the FT book.  The younger one was maybe
9?

	They picked it up by the third turn or so.  IMHO FT is the
easiest
wargame to learn I've played.

	I taught my son to play Full Thrust when he was six and a half.
We
didn't plot movement and we used some Star Trek adaptations in order to
use
his MicroMachine toys.	He caught on real fast and destroyed my ship on
1-on-1 confrontation.  Second battle was better -  a draw with both of
us
losing 2 out of 4 ships.

	He's now nine and enjoys playing and also watching me paint up
fleets from all the weird spaceship castings that I can find.
	    Kent M. McClure

Prev: Re: X to GZG conversions... Next: Re: X to GZG conversions...