Prev: RE: X to GZG conversions... Next: SV: X to GZG conversions...

Re: X to GZG conversions...

From: Jonathan white <jw4@b...>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 11:00:04 +0100
Subject: Re: X to GZG conversions...

>I've been having some thoughts recently about a VERY stripped-down
small
>booklet of just the basic FT core rules (suitably updated), explained
in
>very simple terms especially for newcomers, young players and
non-gamers -
>sort of "FT Lite".
>Any opinions on this idea? Could even be sold as a package with a few
ship
>minis!
>Jon (GZG)
You cold package it with the carrier/battle group bundles you already
do.
Haven't met anyone who didn't start off an FT fleet by buying one of
those.
Simple production values (B&W, maybe even no pics) and knocking it down
the very core rules - movement (cinematic), fire, fighters, damage and
thats about it. If you drop ALL the optional / advanced rules and maybe
needle beams too you could get it down to maybe 4-5 pages even..
I think it would be a great idea, but in pure business terms you would
want
to think about how much it would bite into sales of the standard FT
rulebook. A guide might be how many copies MT has sold compared to FT..

		TTFN
			Jon

Prev: RE: X to GZG conversions... Next: SV: X to GZG conversions...