Prev: Re: X to GZG conversions... Next: Re: X to GZG conversions...

RE: X to GZG conversions...

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 10:25:22 +0100
Subject: RE: X to GZG conversions...

On Tuesday, April 28, 1998 10:23 AM, Ground Zero Games
[SMTP:jon@gzero.dungeon.com] wrote:

> I've been having some thoughts recently about a VERY stripped-down
small
> booklet of just the basic FT core rules (suitably updated), explained
in
> very simple terms especially for newcomers, young players and
non-gamers -
> sort of "FT Lite".
> Any opinions on this idea? Could even be sold as a package with a few
ship
> minis!
>
> Jon (GZG)

This is what SFB did as an introduction set and
it was actually very playable. It had rules
board and card counters. It also had a robot
opponent to train with. Best thing SFB published.

A while ago you published the Beer & Pretzels FT
rules. These are possibly too simplistic but as you
sugest just the latest core rules should be fine.
I think the automated opponent really helps people
try out the rules before going public/on-line

If you are targetting young gamers then the language will
have to be appropriate

Contents could be everything to get you started

	Rule-book

	Quick reference chart

	A simple turn gauge

	Some card stock counters or a simple set
	of miniatures very similar to the counters in
	FT for the introduction scenario.

	Small play mat/board

	6 x D6

	Packed in a box file or similar

tim jones
--------

Prev: Re: X to GZG conversions... Next: Re: X to GZG conversions...