Prev: Re: EW and ESM (Was RE: Platoon Leaders in SG2) Next: Re: Unsubscribing info?

Re: Dirtside SLAMs

From: Tony Christney <acc@u...>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 20:25:51 -0700
Subject: Re: Dirtside SLAMs

>On page 9 of the Dirtside rules, it states that SLAMs
>"cannot be 'spoofed' by ECM or Stealth systems."
>
>Does this mean that the defender's die type against a
>SLAM attack is the Basic signature?  I could not find
>any other mention of this in the rulebook.  We have
>been using effective signature, but a clarification would
>be helpful.

Interesting! I have always assumed that stealth was
effective against SLAMs.  This seems to imply that it
rolls against the basic signature. The question really
boils down to "is the text on pages eight and nine to be
considered 'fluff' or rules?"

I too would like clarification.

KR wrote:
>Yes,  since a slam is just another direct fire weapon that uses a
>firecon to aim.
>
>KR

which doesn't answer the question. Jon? Mike E.? What was the intention?

Are SLAM systems affected by stealth?