Prev: Re: FT/Traveller Next: Re: Dirtside SLAMs

Re: EW and ESM (Was RE: Platoon Leaders in SG2)

From: jfoster@k... (Jim 'Jiji' Foster)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 22:07:09 -0500
Subject: Re: EW and ESM (Was RE: Platoon Leaders in SG2)

At 09:59 4/27/98, Miguel Echavarria wrote:
>> On an unjammed administrative channel he was radioing the French and
asking
>> about the effectiveness of the jamming.  Well, the French ignored him
[...]
>> Kristian Miller
>
>	 This whole incident might have been avoided by asking the
question in
>french. Also, it doesn't speak well for the 'frequency agility' of the
comms.

I am reminded of an episode of Babylon 5 where a White Star encountered
an
alien vessel:

Marcus: Any response?
Ivanova: We keep hailing them... It's like they can understand what
we're
saying, but refuse to speak our language.
Marcus: Who knew they were French?

------
Jim 'Jiji' Foster / jfoster@kansas.net / Jiji @ AnimeMUCK / TIP #28 /
PPIG #42

"That's the way we all begin," said Tom Platt. "The boys they make
believe
all the time till they've cheated 'emselves into bein' men, an' so till
they die--pretendin' and pretendin'."
    Rudyard Kipling, _Captains Courageous_

Prev: Re: FT/Traveller Next: Re: Dirtside SLAMs