Prev: Re: House Rules(was playtest results) Next: Re: SAGA 98

Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition(Semi OT)

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 20:13:34 +0100
Subject: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition(Semi OT)

In message <8858a8d8.3542bcf0@aol.com>
	  Shld Wulf <ShldWulf@aol.com> wrote:

> You said:
>
> >Yeah, but Dahak himself?  Mr. "I've been Masquerading as half a
> >double-planet system for the past umpteen gazillion years!"	And he's

> >just a small planetoid, from the Empire.  Let's not think about a
> >Imperium Planetoid. . .
>
> Well, just think of the neat tactical uncertancies it would bring to
> a game. Are you really in a solar system? Or are all those planets
> and moons, just one HECK of an ambush......

I seem to recall that the Planet Killers from greg Bear's
_Anvil of Stars_ used a solar system as an ambush site. That
did sort of involve anti-matter planets, and dropping large
masses of neutronium into the primary star though to set off
a supernova... (one situation where neutrinos become a practicle
weapon of war!)

> ...Anyone care to comment on the mass of a "Jupiter" class, Hvy
> Battle-Super-Dreadnought?

That's no moon, it's a - uh, sorry :)

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: Re: House Rules(was playtest results) Next: Re: SAGA 98