Prev: RE: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition Next: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 16:21:21 -0700
Subject: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

John Atkinson wrote:

> You wrote:
>
> >That would be my "bathtub launcher" concept, from discussion some
time
> >back. Back then, I recall not many people took the threat seriously,
> >since they thought such tactics would not be employed by "honorable"
> >opponents.
>
> They don't know the comedians I play Full Thrust with.  Honorable?
> What's that?
>
> >Lots of fun, huh?
>
> Beats loosing because I decide to take a balanced fleet as opposed to
> two uberships.  First time I played with these jokers at least two
> people brought nothing but capital and superships.  Feh.  I brought
(at
> 1500 points) nothing larger than a Battlecruiser.  As far as I'm
> concerned a little fight like that is a heavy scout group.  Seems that
> style of playing doesn't go over too well with those clowns.
>
> John M. Atkinson

John,
     How about trying out one of my ideas.

Scenario Title: One, Two, Three, Free (for all)

A series of 4 games: (human ships only)
No wave, nova, reflex, or closking.
1) 1000 points in escorts.  (Estimate 8-12 ships)
2) 2000 points in cruisers. (Estimate 6-10 ships)
3) 3000 points in capitals. (Estimate 3- 8 ships)
4) The survivors of the prior three battles (as they were at the
games compleation, no repair, or rearm allowed) are pitted against
each other in the fourth battle.

     This has not been tried out yet, but it may work for you.
other

Prev: RE: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition Next: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition