Prev: RE: Latest Nations/States/Organizations document Next: RE: Latest Nations/States/Organizations document

Re: FT at GenCon '98

From: dean.gundberg@b...
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 98 12:56:46 -0600
Subject: Re: FT at GenCon '98

> I realise that this may be a bit premature for some, but I was
wondering
> if there was going to be a FT tourney at Gen Con this year. In the
past
> there have been demo games and various other scenarios, but I don't
recall
> an actual tournament.

 Yup, as I alluded to in a prior message, there will be a Full Thrust
 Tournament at GenCon this year.

 16 players, single elimination, 1500 point pre-made fleets to choose
from.
 FT 2nd edition and MT rules used.  Tentatively scheduled for Saturday
from
 8:00 to 4:00.

 Lots of other FT, DSII and SGII games will be run by the judges
sponsored by
 GeoHex (thanks KR).  There looks to be a better distinction this year
between
 introduction games and more advanced scenarios.

 Stop by and say hi if you don't want to play.	Last year was my first
year at
 GenCon since 1984 and I had a blast, mainly due to the FTGZG list
members and
 GeoHex judges I met there (enough fun to actually commit to becoming a
judge
 this year).  It almost time to start discussing rules for the list game
(will
 the Revlon Fleet return?)

 If anyone has questions on the GenCon FT Tourney, ask and I can try to
 answer.

 Dean
 dean.gundberg@bcbsnd.com

Prev: RE: Latest Nations/States/Organizations document Next: RE: Latest Nations/States/Organizations document