Prev: Re: What do FT/MT players use to represent missiles? Next: Re: This 'A' battery is as good as any other 'A' battery. (LONG)

Re: FT FLEET BOOK

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 09:30:48 +0000
Subject: Re: FT FLEET BOOK

>On Sat, 18 Apr 1998 08:06:12 +0000 Ground Zero Games
><jon@gzero.dungeon.com> writes:
>>>At 02:49 4/17/98, Ground Zero Games wrote:
>>>
>>>I realize there may be other economic considerations involved....just
>>>another drooling, impatient FT otaku daydream. :)
>>
>>Simply, two short print runs cost a lot more than one large one. Two
>>sets
>>of films, two sets plates, two lots makeready, etc., etc., etc.......
>>
>Yumping Yiminy! Doesn't your printer store the film? What kind of press
>are they using? Back when I worked for a magazine, our printer had a
huge
>library of stuff from previous issues. Sure, it *was* more expensive to
>do separate runs, but alot of that stuff didn't have to be re-done. Or
>perhaps you could ask for everything from the printer when the job is
>done. Just be careful--some of it can be kind fragile.

Yes, of course the printer keeps the film - but the original question
was
why couldn't the files be sent electronically to the US.....
I would not be happy sending the original print films out of the country
for any reason, anyway, so there would be the costs of a dupe set.

This discussion is getting a bit OT, so for the sake of the list let's
close it now.

Jon. (GZG)