Prev: RE: StarFIST (slightly OT) Next: Re: Kra'vak Railgun

RE: Kra'vak Railgun

From: PCARON <Pcaron@c...>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 20:54:01 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: Kra'vak Railgun

> Hi Peter,
>
> We've been using the simple approach; as recommended from some Comps
of
> simply applying a 3:2 ratio of fleet points when oraganising games; ie
> 1500 points human to 1,000 points Kra'Vak. It seems to work quite well
> so far and we have adopted it to resolve battles in our EXPANSION
> campaign as well. Keeping it simple instead of a complicated revising
of
> points is much better from our point of view.

I guess I'm not the only one who noted the "slight" imbalance with
railguns.  My FT campaign rules require that all systems be available to
players to research so the 3:2 ratio with Kra'vak designs won't apply in
this case.

I've been toying with the idea of using Firecontrol rules to limit
railguns.  Something like, each railgun requires the dedicated use of a
firecontrol system.  Firecons cannot be shared, even if targetting the
same ship.

This would also give players a reason to build the larger versions of
railguns rather than a bunch of railgun 1's.  We noticed that 3 type 1
railguns equals damage, cost and range of 1 railgun 3.	Everyone went
with railgun 1's, helped when the ship took threshold checks... no sense
putting all your eggs in one basket with railgun 3's.  The Firecon rule
would deffinately change things...

Pete

P.S. We're changing mass/cost of Firecons as well... These rules won't
be
for everyone, that's for sure... tinker, tinker, tinker.

Prev: RE: StarFIST (slightly OT) Next: Re: Kra'vak Railgun