Prev: Re: Challenger's Hope Next: Re: SALUTE '98 Again

Re: Challenger's Hope

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 21:09:34 +0300 (EET DST)
Subject: Re: Challenger's Hope

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Thomas Barclay wrote:

> If you want something more like the harrington books, There was a
> series written as a collaboration (I believe) between David Drake and
> Thomas T. Thomas (three books if I recall) that had to do with a star
> spanning empire.

Crisis of Empire series. Very uneven, and only one book was with Thomas
T. Thomas (I forget which). Not very big on fleet actions, either,
except
maybe the second book towards the end.

I liked the second book best, not because of the fleet battle, but
because of the moral discussion. It also realizes the surrounding empire

best, instead of just concentrating on a single hotspot. The third book,

while entertaining, is almost vanilla...

SPOILER ALERT

...evil alien mind-control invasion tale.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Challenger's Hope Next: Re: SALUTE '98 Again