Prev: Re: GZC WEST COAST CON Next: Re: What do FT/MT players use to represent missiles?

Re: Just wondering

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 00:32:45 +0100
Subject: Re: Just wondering

 Hey Mike C,
	How about rather than rolling for the whole of "pongo" country
in two
treshold checks, roll for each boarding party/factor? That way you can
get
results where almost the first hit of a battle gets the marines (and
spaces
them) or the home ship's a complete rightoff yet there are enough
marines
left to capture a brand new ship to go home in.
	Just a thought.

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

At 18:16 14/04/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>    I figured it probably be best to send what rules I came up with and
>get everyones oppinion.  As I said before I took some allready exsiting
>rules in more thrust and converted them.
>

>Extra boarding Parties Beta Rules.
>
>Consit of extra marine contingent specially equipped with vac-suits or
>powered armor.  Ship may purchase extra marines at the cost of 1 p.p.
per
>marine.  Remember that it takes four marines to make up one boarding
factor.
>1 marine takes up 5 c.s. of space.  You must purchase cargo space
(living
>quarters) to house the marines.  You purchase living quarters much the
same
>way you would purchaes interface craft or hanger bays.  2 marines can
occupy
>i mass of living space purchased or 10 c.s. for every 1 mass.	Cost of
>living space is 2 points for 1-6 mass bays, 3 points for mass 7-12 bay,
4
>points for mass 13-18 bay and so on, plus 2 points per mass of living
>quarters.  Thus a mass 6 living quarters would cost 12 p[oints plus 2
for
>the bay, for a total of 14 points, and could hold up to 12 marines or 3
>boarding factors.  When a threshold pont is reached each indvidual
living
>quarters would be rolled for and on the first roll, you would lose half
of
>your living quarters and marine contingent there in.  Second lose roll
would
>wipe out entire living quarters and the marine contingent there in.
When a