Prev: Re: Dirtside II question Next: Re: Hex/Grid Graphics

RE: FAQ's in general

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 15:17:53 +0100
Subject: RE: FAQ's in general

On Wednesday, April 15, 1998 2:25 PM, Jeremy Sadler
[SMTP:jsadler@earthling.net] wrote:>
> I have visions of this document being waaaaaaaaaaay too long.. :)

Yes I agree a 640kb file is over-kill IMHO, there are some real monsters
out there

> What I need from everyone are the Questions Most Frequently Asked. :)
>
> I think it should be stated that for all the FAQs they should not be
looked
> upon, designed as or thought of as archives for the mailing list. A
FAQ is
> for "FREQUENTLY" asked questions, those sort that when someone new to
the
> list pops up and asks, everyone else groans because it's been answered
fifty
> times before.

Thats exactly the project vision. A troll of the archives should help in
finding the candidate
FAQ's. There are quite a few OQ (obscure questions) that need to be
filtered out.

>They should be designed to answer as many questions as
> possible a newbie may have about the games.  Perhaps they should also
be
> used as pointers (possibly) to where questions of a more detailed
nature may
> be answered (the Unofficial pages, the list, etc)

Absolutely, plus a feedback loop as people may have a better or
different but equally valid answer.

> At least I know what to start the SG2FAQ with...
>
> "What the hell is Stargrunt II?" :)

Where can I get Stargrunt II?

Is it correctly SG2 or SGII? (duck)

As for the format of the things I find HTML better if it has
links to the questions from a TOC but plain text is adequate.

Now how would we go about getting 'Official' status Jon?

tim jones
--------

Prev: Re: Dirtside II question Next: Re: Hex/Grid Graphics