Prev: Starship Racing (was: Ship Naming Convention) Next: Re: Starship Racing (was: Ship Naming Convention)

Re: OFF TOPIC, was Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 18:54:14 -0500
Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC, was Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)

which unfailingly makes me think of a famous song:
"The Welshman's dishonest, he cheats when he can;
is little and dark - more like monkey than man.
He works underground with a lamp in his hat
and he sings far too loud, far too often - and flat!"
(Flaunders&Swann)
I, for one, certainly object to the flat part! Course, that could be
just
the precise German in me.

As for the rest, well, don't walk around with a lamp on me head, but,
after
20 years in a mainframe computer machine room, no windows, might as well
be
underground. As for the cheating part, always have your own ruleset
handy
when playing me. :->=

Back to FT: could I see, either on the list or directly, more of those
bashed-Cymru names? I know my address looks hideous, but devans@uneb.edu
works as well.

As for Celts, wasn't the original Keltoi term Greek in origin? Perhaps
Mycenean, which was when my ancestors were the falsely stereotyped as
backward indigenous people? What goes around...

The_Beast

P.S. To further confuse the 'scalping' issue, I seem to recall some
Native
American cultures would open scalps, and skulls, to allow a warrior's
spirit freedom after death. If this is apocryphal, usual deepest
apologies,
followed by skulking into the corner.

Prev: Starship Racing (was: Ship Naming Convention) Next: Re: Starship Racing (was: Ship Naming Convention)