Prev: Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?) Next: Re: SAGA book (was: More on painting)

Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 22:31:41 GMT
Subject: Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)

On Mon, 6 Apr 1998 00:34:39 -0500, Thomas Barclay
<Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca>
wrote:

>And of course Blackfoot, Blackfeet, MicMac, Inuit, and many others.
>This is an incredibly rich naming tradition. The world has so many
>aboriginal peoples, and so many having true "warrior" traditions, one
>shouldn't run out of names anytime soon. And it is fitting that the
>future or human space voyaging honours these diverse groups.

Well put, Tom. I'm sure with a little digging up, we could easily come
up with
50 or 60 names for Mark without having to go to Europe, Asia, or Africa.

This, too, adds some great naming conventions. Picts, Caledonians,
Angles,
Saxons, Britons, Gaul, Visigoth, Ostrogoth, Slav, etc., etc. Lots of
good
names there.

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?) Next: Re: SAGA book (was: More on painting)