Prev: Re: PBeM FT/EFSB Vector movement (Excel) Next: Re: Perfect Campaign Rules

RE: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 00:19:52 +0300 (EET DST)
Subject: RE: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?)

On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, BEST, David wrote:

> False!
>
> Certain NA Indian tribes started this but it was a minor thing.  The
> Europeans USED and ENCOURAGED it as a way of proving kills to pay the
> bounty.  This made it a common occurence but it was not started by
> Europeans.

Don't know for sure about that, but:

a) Plenty of us white folks took scalps to claim reward for some
private ethnical cleansing work
b) Taking various body parts as mementos is known in Europe (ears and
thumbs were popular)

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: PBeM FT/EFSB Vector movement (Excel) Next: Re: Perfect Campaign Rules