Prev: Re: Fw: new miniatures sources Next: RE: EFSB new ship comment and old ship question

Re: Fw: new miniatures sources

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 08:20:37 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Fw: new miniatures sources

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, John Kinder wrote:
> ... Division After Division also had the full line of 15mm Tabletop
> Laser Burn figures. Are these figures usable for Stargrunt? Some of
them
> seemed rather too Gothic but I only saw the few painted figures he had
on
> display.

I picked up a bunch of these from Ral Partha's discount boxes at GenCon
a couple of years ago, hoping to use them for StarGrunt, and it seems to
me that none of them are designed for the "realistic" science-fiction
look. Some of the figures are carrying rifles and wearing stylized
spacesuits (sort of a Frank Kelly Freas design), but some of them are
wearing cloaks and carrying what looks like a powered spear.

Keep in mind that these were designed by Bryan Ansell in 1980 or 1981
(one
of the people who built Games Workshop during the 1980s) -- what you're
seeing are the precursors to the Citadel Miniatures designs.

--
Rick Rutherford
rickr@digex.net

Prev: Re: Fw: new miniatures sources Next: RE: EFSB new ship comment and old ship question