Prev: Re: EFSB new ship comment and old ship question Next: Re: Fw: new miniatures sources

Re: Fw: new miniatures sources

From: "Tony Francis" <TONY@s...>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 12:18:04 +0000
Subject: Re: Fw: new miniatures sources

> Division After Division ( 16710 Bradbe Road, Fisherville, KY 40023 )
> distributes Chariot Miniatures in the US. They have a small line of
"Micro
> Space Ships". These ships looked good but were small compared to the
GZG
> line. The Alien ship types are based on asteroids, the patrol ships
are
> irregular ovals, the warships are triangular, the battleships are "T"
> shaped. I bought 2 packs of "Patrol ships" at 2 for $2.00 and 2
"warships"
> at $3.00 each. They would make a nice system defence squadron for a
Belter
> colony!

I remember these models. Why ? - because we made the masters  for
them. IIRC we made three ranges of half-a-dozen models, one of
conventional 'human' ships, one of alien asteroid types and one of
humanoid delta-shaped ships (a bit in the style of a Star Destroyer
but they flew blunt end forwards - the engines were at the
pointy-end, for those who know their nautical terminology). The
models were fairly small, the largest ones were around FT heavy
cruiser sized. Chariot Miniatures produce them on behalf of another
company (whose name I can't recall at the moment) who originally
commissioned the masters from us. It's nice to know that someone
likes what we've done.

Without turning this post into a hugely off-topic trade ad., can I
humbly point anyone interested at the following URL :

http://www.uk-net.com/uk/freeweb/users/brigade

where more models from the same designer can be found. There are no
pictures on the site apart from sketches and some CGI, although I
should get some photos up eventually. There are a couple of photos on
Bill Armintrout's miniatures page, however, along with a review :

http://www.jps.net/minipage/workbench/brigadefast.html

Tony Francis
(tony@simis.co.uk)

Brigade Models website