Prev: EFSB new ship comment and old ship question Next: Unofficial Stargrunt II Web Site

Re: EFSB new ship comment and old ship question

From: "Mark A. Siefert." <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 00:59:18 -0600
Subject: Re: EFSB new ship comment and old ship question

Scott Jaqua wrote:

> I have been watching all the B5 reruns on TNT and I can't find any
reference
> to the Cotton Class and the Shepherd or Porcupine Starfury transports.
Where
> did these ships come from. I hope they are not "made up ships", that
is one
> of my biggest problems with B5 Wars. There next release of miniatures
is
> going to be a bunch of "made up ships" from the Narn Centauri
conflict. his
> was the same thing that turned me off of star fleet battles. Why make
up
> ship designs when the show producers have provided a long list of so
called
> "official" ship designs. In Full Thrust, with its very optional back
ground,
> designing your own ships is part of the fun. But, IMHO, when you pay
in
> someone else's world, I think it would be best to stick to the script.

	As far as I know, the Olympus was seen in "In the Begining."
	As for "made up ships" I really don't understand what your
problem is.
Just because all we usually see of the Earth Force fleet are Omegas and
Hyperions dosen't mean that there are not other ships.	All of the ship
designs that AoG and WF are coming out with for their respective
products must be OK-ed by JMS himself. (Something they didn't do with
SFB).  Besides, it's one thing to stick with the script, but there is so
much more that the audience isn't seeing that it has to imagine for
itself.
--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"I know that I will never be politically correct
	I don't give a damn about my lack of etiquette
	As far as I'm concerned--the world could could still be flat.
	And if the thrill is gone--then it's time to take it back!

				     --Meat Loaf
				     "Everything Louder Than Everything
Else"

cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		 http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu/index.html
====

Prev: EFSB new ship comment and old ship question Next: Unofficial Stargrunt II Web Site