Prev: RE: Comet Miniatures Next: SF quote list

Re: Vector Movement (PBeM Excel sheet formulas)

From: Jerry 'Ghoti' Han <jhan@i...>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 23:26:10 -0500
Subject: Re: Vector Movement (PBeM Excel sheet formulas)

I wasn't sure if I wanted to say anything (because I didn't want to
put pressure on myself, but...)

I was in the process of putting together a Perl library that would
support Full Thrust, calculating things like cinematic and
vector movement (for arbitrary orders), calculation of absolute and
relative bearing, and determination of weapons fire.  Possibly
even damage calculation and threshold rolls, but I'd probably
limit that to a pseudo-random number generator and operator
intervention.  (8-)

Unfortunately, an evil thing known as real life hit me on the
head, and I only got as far as implementing cinematic movement,
debugging absolute/relative bearing, and designing how the vector
system would work.  So, there's no time frame for this.

However, if people would think that this would be useful, I could
schedule a higher priority for it and try to get it done.  (You
would also need Perl in order to use it, which is pretty well
available for every common platform out there right now.)

J.

--
 *** Jerry Han - jhan@idigital.net - http://www.idigital.net/jhan ***
       "And we will raise our hands, and we will touch the sky;

Prev: RE: Comet Miniatures Next: SF quote list