Prev: Comet Miniatures - Reply Next: Re: Vector Movement (was:I LIVE!!!)

RE: Comet Miniatures

From: "BEST, David" <dbest@s...>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 08:25:15 -0500
Subject: RE: Comet Miniatures

I have one.  It's my main carrier for FT.  I have the address at home (I
only access my mail at work) and I'll try to send it to you tomorrow if
no one else does it first.  The Galactica is nice, about 2-21/2" long
and modelled more on the AMT plastic model kit than the show in 2 minor
points only.  There are 3 struts that hold each of the two hangar
sections to the main hull and in the miniature and model the centre
strut is all one piece whereas the tv version  had it divided into an
upper and lower section.  The other difference is both lack the
cylindrical tanks on the side of the main hull at the 'neck' just before
the crocodile head.  These are very minor nits to pick and the model is
quite nice.  I bought it a number of years ago through mail order and I
have no idea what the cost is these days.  One word of warning, one of
the hangar pods was slightly malformed on mine and needed some trimming
and sanding and I don't know if the mould has been corrected.  I also
have their Supercar, Fireball XL5 and Stingray (am I dating my childhood
here?) and they also have a very wide range of tv ships - shows like
Blake's 7, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Lost in Space, The Invaders
etc.

I recommend it.

David Best