Prev: Re: Full Thrust III Next: Re: Off Topic: Babylon 5 play times

Re: Painting Omegas for use

From: "When the long night comes, return to the end of the beginning" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 17:53:35 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Painting Omegas for use

>For anyone painting Omega Class Destroyers out there and wants some
>accuracy I thought I would pass this along.  At first I thought the
>letter painted on the side of the Omega's nose(the grasshopper's head)
>was always the same as the first letter in the ship's name but I have
>discovered this is not the case.This is EXTREMELY confusing and I hope
>it is just not due to continuity glitches
[...]
>As you can see there seems to be no consistency. This could just be
>sloppiness or some convoluted scheme.	I don't think they represent
>group designations as any groups shown have different letters.  I even
>jokingly suggested they might be "mint marks" for where they were
>constructed.  If anyone has any solid info on this I would love to hear
>from them.  This may be off topic but I will be using my ships for FT
as
>well as EFSB so there is a connection.

I don't know about the batch business, missed that post. I do remember
a while back (in season 2) when someone asked JMS about this, and the
poster went on to theorize that the letters indicated something do to
with what the main jurisdiction/sector the ships were to patrol (eg,
'C' for 'Colony Worlds', 'P' for 'Planetary (meaning Earth & local)',
etc). JMS' rather obtuse answer seemed to give credence to this, though
I've never been able to figure out where half the letters are supposed
to be sector-wise.

Mk
-
Only the bravest try where eagles and angels dare to fly
<*>

Prev: Re: Full Thrust III Next: Re: Off Topic: Babylon 5 play times