Next: Re: B5 White Star Miniature

RE: DS2 Moonbase Xi

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 15:03:19 +0000
Subject: RE: DS2 Moonbase Xi

>I think that you should be able to get a VTOL working in a vaccum, it
>just won't be a helicopter, beside that I've just picked up a 1/350
>scale Space 1999 eagle.

The VTOLs in DSII and SGII are assumed to be airbreathing
vectored-thrust
or fan-lifted craft, so of course need atmosphere to function. A craft
like
the Eagle, which uses rocket engines for lift, would work fine in vacuum
-
but it would be very heavy on fuel. Maybe rocket-driven vehicles that
operate like VTOLs, but have a limited on-table endurance? (BTW, by
"rocket" I'm assuming either low-tech chemical burners or things like
plasma jets - either could be quite nastily useful if you overfly an
enemy
at low altitude....?!)

Jon (GZG)

Next: Re: B5 White Star Miniature