Prev: Re: Stargrunt II Question Next: Lepri-Con 98 This Weekend.

Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Players

From: Sutherland <charles@n...>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 11:53:52 -0600
Subject: Re: SG2 Question for WH40K Players

At 12:59 AM 3/16/98 GMT, you wrote:
>I had a question for people using GW's WH40K figures for playing
>Stargrunt 2. Do you make use of the full Power Armour rules for Space
>Marines. I realize that in WH40K these guys are supposed to be in
>Power Armour, but SG2's Power Armour seems to give them an unfair
>advantage. In particular, they get to double their roll in Close
>Combat. In a recent game, 9 Orks attacked 5 marines and the marines
>completely wasted them with one casualty on average die rolls. This
>seemed to be a bit extreme.
>
>What do you guys think?
  Depends on the way you want to play things.  If you play the Space
Marines as elite special forces as the fluff would imply than this would
be
fine. If you want to play them more like they are in the game than they
would definitely would only have maybe D10 normal armor.  The orks also
have similar armor-Ork Mega-Armor is even better than marine but less
than
terminator armor.

								FWIW
								That
Chuk Guy

Prev: Re: Stargrunt II Question Next: Lepri-Con 98 This Weekend.