Prev: Vogon Poetry Transmitter (was: OT: Asteroid...) Next: Re: OT: asteroid in-bound...

RE: Physical Description of a Kra'vak (Death warrant approved- Cmdr. Jim Bob Buchannan)

From: "Deakin, Robert" <RDeakin@C...>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 18:00:45 +1100
Subject: RE: Physical Description of a Kra'vak (Death warrant approved- Cmdr. Jim Bob Buchannan)

USCM mental asylum -  Mu Herc, 2201.
Transcript of interview with Private Mick Langham, ex-1/234th royal
marine

"Unlike the rest of you clowns, I have been there, looked a slimly
broken tusked Kra Vak in the eyes as I drove my bayonet through its
multiple hearts!!!

We're gone man, we have zip chance against the Ks. They are fast and
invisible in space, on the ground, EVERYWHERE. Freaking bastards! Just
point me at their home, I'd get whats left of Bravo Company and turn
their homesteads bright pink, yeah big N the lot of em, F#$k the UN and
peaceful co-existence!

But ya can't fry em, can ya. Cause they lurk in space in their huge
fleets, praying and chanting, serving the all freak'n mighty freak'n
Matriarch.  Freak'n Sl*t.

Listen, they know everything about Earth, this is their back yard!!! Ya
know the Maya and Aztec civilizations, yeah...they are the result of the
last time they visited Earth. Remember Chariots of the Gods.

Ya got to listen to me, see their nomadic, stopping for a few years here
and there, then moving on. Earth is in the center of the Va'Ksha
territory!! The Va'Ksha are the local clan and they are coming our way!
How do I know?	See I got smart when the sh*t hit the fan on Ross 145. I
wanted to know what was really going down, so I put a syringe into our
company spook, and held a pistol to his head and advised him to cough.
Ya kinda get like that when 800 of ya buddies become mince between dusk
and dawn.

He told me heaps. The Corporation thinks each clan has a traditional
territory. Each meta-clan might have a run around 30 or 40  light years
in radius. They have no environmental or terra-forming gear like us,
thank freak'n God. Other wise they would go sick with nukes, on our
colonies. We have only been able to sneak up on them because they spend
most of their time patrolling borders preventing trespassers from other
clans. The spook said their might be up to 200 meta-clans, we're f*&ked.

Humans have popped up as a threat in the center of a weak clans
territory over a the last hundred years. Maybe that's why we didn't get
wiped out or enslaved like other species. They think the local Matriarch
was having a other problems. Now the clans nomadic path takes it back to
worlds near earth and they are trying to clean out the unwelcome
infestation. Maybe  the other clans don't help as they are happy to see
humans bring down a weak clan, maybe they have problems of their own.
Any way who gives a f&*k we're all going to DIE!!!"

Transcript end.

Death warrant approved.

Action immediately

>Cmdr. Jim Bob Buchannan

>	CO, 1st Xenobiology Platoon (Provisional)
	23rd Free Cal-Tex Rangers

		NAC Intel, Fort Goodall - Mu Herc

>----------

Command
>deck of his flagship and watched his crew hurrying to ready the ship
for
>battle. Once again they had caught the aliens unprepared- his screen
showed
>the largest ship of the Hu'Man still docked against their satellite
>station, and the few other vessels were scattered around in nearby
orbits
>in no better state of readiness. His navigator had done well in cutting
>their Overspace exit so close in to the planet, and his subfamily would
be
>rewarded.
>
>Va'Ksha clashed his mandibles in anticipatory pleasure as he imagined
the
>celebrations of another victory over the dangerous aliens that infested
>this region of space...."
>
>So, what do we have? A mammilian/reptilian species that (note the
>mandibles) seems to exhibit some insectoid characteristics. The
clan/family
>structure also invokes the social structure of insects, but this may be
>terran predjudice on my part. Bipedal, oxygen breathers with, somehow,
>fundamental body chemistry similar to our own, but at the same time,
>radically different in function.
>
>Noting the generally similar size of Kra'Vak and human ships of the
same
>class and the fact that they are technologically similar to ourselves,
they
>are presumably roughly the same size as a human... possibly smaller, if
>entire subfamilies and clans all travel on the same vessel.
>
>The hard glottal stop between each syllable of their spoken language
>(assuming, again, that this represents the whole of their
communications