Prev: RE: Spice Marines Next: Re: DS: SAW versus APSW versus RFAC

Re: Non Violent Weapons

From: Los <Los@c...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 17:49:41 -0500
Subject: Re: Non Violent Weapons

Well,
I'll venture a guess at this. A non lethal weapon (forget about
non-violent
weapons, that term doesn't make any sense), needs to incapacitate
soemeon without
causing death or permanent damage.  Paintball sting a bit, sure. but
sufficient
padding and Mr. Yahoo can still come up to you and smash your head in
with a
stick. For me, having been in these situations OFTEN, I want a non
lethal weapon
that will leave Mr. Perp, doing the dying cockroach after I apply it.
Then I can
either:
A. beat a hasty or orderly retreat.
B. Walk up to the guy and apprehend him at my leasure.
C. Turn my back on him and Repeat application of non lethal weapon.

Los