Prev: Re: Non Violent Weapons Next: Re: How about MANCHESTER Thrust?

Re: Non Violent Weapons

From: Brian Bell <brian.bell@a...>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 21:00:16 +0000
Subject: Re: Non Violent Weapons

> I'll list here briefly the weapons/technologies I've considered and
> ask anyone to supplement my idea pool
>
> wax/rubber bullets, beanbags (GL and shotgun), net grenades, stun
> grenades, CS/CN grenades, sonics, neural disrupters, tasers, stun
> guns (a la 9 Volt model currently available), Shock gloves, Riot
> armour and shields (w truncheons), slippy/sticky foam, firehose, dart
> guns, tranq needlers, solidifying foam, and some defences against
> some of the above.

Real "Black Helecopters" stuff but...
I've heard rummors that someone developed an electro-magnetic field that
places people in an epileptic like trance (not fit) or puts them to
sleep. The process is supposedly very short range (50'), requires that
you surround the target with transmitters and requires large amounts of
power. Thus, it would problably not be portable and would be used only
around areas of expected trouble.

--
Brian Bell
brian.bell@axom.com

The Full Thrust Ship Registry
http://www.axom.com/bkb/fthome.html
Dirtside II Site
http://www.axom.com/bkb/ds2main.html
Stargrunt II Site
http://www.axom.com/bkb/sg2.html
Cygnus Eclipsers' Science Fiction Games Page
http://www.axom.com/bkb/scifi_game.html

Prev: Re: Non Violent Weapons Next: Re: How about MANCHESTER Thrust?