Prev: DS: SAW versus APSW versus RFAC Next: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report

Re: GZG East Coast Con Report

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 23:17:21 GMT
Subject: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report

On Tue, 3 Mar 1998 12:58:13 -0500, Thomas Barclay
<Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca> wrote:

>True. Good sports pretty much all around. I think I've made a few
>lasting friends here. Maybe next time we'll host one up in Ottawa,
>where all you yankees can come and enjoy the benefits of having a
>dollar worth a dollar and a half and where we have a good games store
>to blow your money at... *grin*

I'm sorry I couldn't make it; it sounded like fun. I'll try to be
there next year. Ottawa would be good, too.

Of course, there's always T.O.! I'll have to ask my friend Lorna
(branch head for the Lillian H. Smith branch of the Toronto Public
Library system, home of the Judith Merrill Collection, the largest
public science fiction collection in the world) if they book public
space in the branch. That would be an interesting place to play...

At any rate, congrats to the organizers. Thirteen people isn't bad for
a small convention with only a short lead time. With a longer lead
time and some extra advertising you could get quite a few more people.
Way to go, guys!

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: DS: SAW versus APSW versus RFAC Next: Re: GZG East Coast Con Report