Prev: Lasers vs. StarLite, was Re: Further thoughts on hitting with lasers Next: Re: Gamer girls can go to #$%&!!!

Re: SFB Conversions

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 15:27:24 -0500
Subject: Re: SFB Conversions

Imre spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> My method is to "translate" SFB SSD's into Full Thrust.  The intent is
> to simplify SFB and make it playable.

Someone plays fantasy games..... (grin)

  The following SFB concepts go
> away: impulse movement, drone reloads, scatterpacks, wild weasles,
> energy allocation.  If people are interested, I will post my
> "translation" rules to the mailing list.  However they are not fully
> developed.  I have only translated the Hydrans Destroyers (all
> varients), and Klingon E4, F5, B10, and B11.	An 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of
> paper has room for 10 Hydran destroyers without them being
> eyestrainingly small.

Why get rid of WW? They are a neat idea. They are reasonably easy (I
would guess) to implement in FT. (Not vs. missiles specifically, but
just as a generic EW source - more like a SWAC).

Tom.

Prev: Lasers vs. StarLite, was Re: Further thoughts on hitting with lasers Next: Re: Gamer girls can go to #$%&!!!