Prev: RE: DS2/SG2 Camouflage Next: Hammer's Slammers

Re: DS2/SG2 Camouflage

From: Nic Robson <nicr@e...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 22:00:43 +1100
Subject: Re: DS2/SG2 Camouflage

Personally I like bright paint jobs and tend towards the theory of the
electronic battlefield doing away with camouflage. Hence I have an
Aboriginal dot art colour scheme on my Dirtside force (they are OUDF
after
all) and have also done individual vehicles for display in 'Liqourice
Allsorts' colours, Mondrian primary colours (for an updated Artists
Rifles)
and a Heavy Metal Brigade in various metallic paints. I like to hang a
theme on the unit, this is sci-fi after all, not reallity.

On the subject of real cammo though Brasseys do an excellent uniform
book
on cammo since 1918. Excellent even though it is rather expensive. I'm
told
their other uniform books are pretty damn good too.

Nic Robson

At 05:54 PM 2/24/98 +1000, you wrote:
>One problem with a realistic cammo job is that it obscures the detail
on
>the minis. I had some really nice looking GHQ minis, painted them the
>correct colours, gave them a muddy wash in the right places, and they
>became featureless blobs, except under a magnifying glass.
>
>One nice SF cammo scheme is British WW2 Desert: Consists of Sand,
Desert
>Pink, Light Blue and Dark Khaki (Greeny Browny) in ripples and patches.
>There is a particularly good example of an Ogre Mk V in this scheme in
>the Ogre minis book.
>
>--
>aebrain@dynamite.com.au     <> <>    How doth the little Crocodile
>| Alan & Carmel Brain|      xxxxx	 Improve his shining tail?
>| Canberra Australia |  xxxxxHxHxxxxxx _MMMMMMMMM_MMMMMMMMM
> abrain@cs.adfa.oz.au	o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo	oo oo	  oo
>		     By pulling MAERKLIN Wagons, in 1/220 Scale

Nic Robson
Eureka Miniatures

Prev: RE: DS2/SG2 Camouflage Next: Hammer's Slammers