Prev: Re: Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) Next: Re: FT Die, Fleet Emblems

Re: Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers)

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 01:41:06 GMT
Subject: Re: Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers)

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998 23:26:31 -0600, jfoster@kansas.net (Jim 'Jiji'
Foster) wrote:

> At a tactical level, it wouldn't affect the
>game, but it would have a drastic effect on the political structure of
the
>game background, and would help to define scenario ideas.

Well put. Conflict is interesting. It creates scenario and story
ideas. I like the inherent conflict of nations using 23rd century
technology with 19th century communications. It allows for things like
the Battle of New Orleans (war of 1812 was over before the battle was
even fought).

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Re: Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) Next: Re: FT Die, Fleet Emblems