Prev: RE: HUGE! Re: The wide open road, National Characteristics(NSL), and FT in small places Next: Ship Prefixes

Re: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) - LONG POST!

From: Thomas.Granvold@E... (Tom Granvold)
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 08:55:44 -0800
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) - LONG POST!

John Leary <realjtl@sj.bigger.net>

>      As far as communications is concerned, I feel that the courier
> ship exists for a reason, communication.   So I prefer the non-FTL
> communication background of 'Traveller".

    I agree.  It makes an interesting setting especially for a campaign.

>      Drone fighters can be trusted to always make the same choice
> given the (basically) same conditions.   As a result the drones
> win round one big time, and become progressively less effective
> as the countermeasures come into play.   The human fighters
> would soon acquire a special fighter that carried ECM or
> Weasel sets to force the 'incorrect' choice in the drones
> program.

    The drone fighters could easily be programmed to avoid this.
The simple way would to have a number of choices for any given
situation and randomly pick between them.  A different method would
be to give the drone a history so that if it used the same tactic
a couple of time, it would do something different this time.  I
think that this would not be a problem.

Enjoy,
Tom Granvold				<thomas.granvold@eng.sun.com>

Prev: RE: HUGE! Re: The wide open road, National Characteristics(NSL), and FT in small places Next: Ship Prefixes