Prev: Re: FTIII Rules Tryout Next: Re: FTIII Rules Tryout

Re: FTIII Rules Tryout

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 20:17:27 -0800
Subject: Re: FTIII Rules Tryout

>   Got a question.   The two scenarios sound interesting.   How did the
> battles play out?  Were the players pulling their punches (ie, no
> aggressive actions) or was it a case of bad die rolls?

...Snip...(JTL)
> Donald Hosford

Donald,
     Since I am certain I have offended any number of people since
I have started sending things on the list, I an certain no offence
is intended.   Be certain that none is taken!

     I will ask John F. to send a copy of the station game when it
is revised.  (However, John F. is on the list and may see this
message prior to my seeing him.)   The station game was a really
good fight, (I'll leave the details to Johns transmission),
everyone was doing thier best, the dice were neutral and only the
station had three acreens.    Speaking as one of the attackers,
we were able to destroy the majority of the defending ships,
the three remaining capital (1XBB, 2XBC) were damaged, and I do
not believe capable of surviving a second assault.   During the
reorginization phase we realized that we did not have the proper
equipment for the station assault (no pulse-torps, sub-packs or
missiles),  all of our ships were beam only.   So, we left!

Phil P.s scenario found us on the attack again, against ships that
could (and did) out turn our 2 capitals,  the ships were taking
one to three points a turn  and we decided to withdraw because
it was getting late and we could not bring any of the main
weapons on our capitals to bear.   So, We left! (catch it on the
instant replay!!!)

Bye for now,
John L.
Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: FTIII Rules Tryout Next: Re: FTIII Rules Tryout